Kinds of hosting services
A hosting service is associated with saving and/or sharing given content on a hosting server handled by a website hosting supplier. There are different sorts of hosting services utilized for various ends, so let's study them. In this way, you can conclude what you want, based on whether you desire to set up a website, e-mail box accounts, or to share files with chums and associates.
- File hosting: a solution provided by particular firms, which lets you share big files. These could be disk images, motion pictures, audio files, archived files, etc. This solution is also known as file storage, and its single goal is to share files, since it does not support site uploading. The moment the files are uploaded, you will either get an accidentally created download link for each of them, or you will be able to see an index of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to see .html or .php web files in your browser. Free file storage accounts are often supported by showing ads next to the download links, while a timer compels you to wait for a particular interval of time to see them. A given file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you purchase a paid file hosting package, there are no restrictions as to how many files you can upload/download right away, and also there is no limit as far as the download speed and the file size are concerned.
At the moment, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting merchants, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more voguish "cloud hosting". This is a completely imprecise interpretation of the actual connotation of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting environment would split the load between individual stacks of web hosting servers in a cluster, which are devoted to attending different web page hosting services (mail, data storage, stats, DNS, databases, site hosting Control Panel, etc.) So, the file hosting service is only a kind of a storage space hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: comparable with file hosting; some suppliers offer a hosting service for images solely. This hosting kind is suitable if you would like to share a huge number of images with buddies or acquaintances since the solution is generally free of cost. You will obtain a random link for each image or album and you can then share this link. As with the file hosting service, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the solution cannot be used for websites.
- E-mail hosting: a solution committed to tackling your mail aliases. Some companies offer web hosting solutions for websites, but do not provide an e-mail hosting service. If you would like to have a mail address with your domain name but do not wish to possess a web site, then the email hosting solution is what you need. You can open e-mail box accounts and administer them, but there will be no hosting solution for the domains. The e-mail hosting service involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP e-mail servers.
- Video hosting: this solution permits you to upload and share videos. You can either share a link to a given video file, or you can embed the video file in your website that is hosted somewhere else. The benefit of utilizing this method instead of uploading the video file in a hosting account is that the video clip produces a certain amount of CPU load, so with a handful of video files and several hundred web page visitors, you may have a hard time with your web space hosting reserves. Embedding the video clip will allow you to keep as many video files as you want without hassling about system reserves.
- Web hosting: this is the service that you need if you desire to have a web site. To a certain extent, it contains all of the aforesaid hosting brands since, along with your web sites, you can also host pics and files, you can create databases and mailbox accounts, upload video clips, etc. At HD Web Hosting, for instance, you can have a glimpse at web hosting and dedicated web server hosting solutions that enable you to have all of the aforesaid solutions in one single location. There may be restrictions based on the type of hosting solution that you've opted for - a free hosting account, a paid shared hosting plan, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your web hosting account may be better or worse juxtaposed to the typical e-mail/file/video/image hosting packages that are tailored for specific web content solely.